Hoffer Plastics is a global supplier of tight-tolerance, custom injection molded parts. In 2014, Hoffer Plastics, a multi-generational family company, was facing a transitional period as a new generation began to assume leadership roles in the company. At the same time, the company looked to update its lobby and reception area. Hoffer leadership envisioned a new lobby exhibit that would showcase the company’s history and update the existing entryway.
Hoffer reached out to The History Factory and during conversations confirmed the need for a new exhibit space highlighting the company’s heritage. With more than 60 years of history — and a new chapter of company history beginning — a new lobby exhibit provided an ideal opportunity for the Hoffer community to reflect on its past and look toward its future.
The History Factory worked with Hoffer Plastics to design and implement a multi-phased engagement to create a new heritage exhibit program. Key components of the engagement included:
- Interviews and working sessions with Hoffer Plastics’ leadership and stakeholders to define success and uncover critical insights
- A Vision & Alignment™ session with Hoffer Plastics’ executive team to determine the goals, objectives and use patterns for the lobby area
- Storyline development utilizing The History Factory’s StoryARC™ methodology to outline core stories aligned with goals, audiences and messages
- Message mapping and conceptual design development for the lobby exhibit area
- Museum-quality production and installation of exhibits in the lobby featuring images, artifacts and heritage as art
Hoffer Plastics has a new, heritage-focused exhibit in the lobby of its headquarters in Elgin, Illinois. The exhibit celebrates the company’s history, employees, products and plans for the future. The exhibit, which was installed as part of a lobby renovation, provides an updated, contemporary first impression of the company for its visitors while illustrating the company’s history and plans for the future.